- To accelerate the country’s transition to an
internationally oriented economy with a view to derive maximum benefit from the expanding global market opportunities.
- To augment the productivity, modernization and competitiveness of Bhutan agriculture, industry and service and there by enhance their export potential and capabilities.
- To encourage the attainment of internationally accepted standard of quality and thereby improve the image of Bhutan’s products abroad.
- To stimulate Bhutan’s export by facilitating access to required raw materials, inter-mediates, compound, consumables and capital goods from the international market.
- To encourage efficient and internationally competitive import substitution within the liberalized framework of foreign trade.
- To impart greater transparency in the export-import policies and minimize quantitative restrictions, licensing and other discretionary controls
- To strengthen and stimulate the country’s Research and Development capabilities.
- Conserve, protect and promotion of healthy eco-system for ensuring balance and sustainable development, and
- To simplify and streamline the procedures governing export business.